Shipping & Returns
Processing & Shipping times
Orders usually ship within 1-3 business days but some custom made/build items will need more days. With the USPS and UPS shipping option (We do not have Saturday service for UPS as an option). For international order, UPS is usually faster. When you place your order, please allow time for processing in addition to the time it takes for the box to get to you once it has shipped. Once your order is shipped you will receive an email or two with any tracking information available. You will be able to check order status by logging into your account.
A signature is not typically required. If you are not home to receive the package, it will most likely be left at your door. Please monitor it's progress and arrange to collect it when it arrives. If you need signature service, please contact us. Please use the contact form or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Keep in mind, service guarantees are suspended if delays are caused by bad weather or other disasters. We cannot refund shipping fees if your package arrives late due to snow or other natural disasters anywhere along your package's route. Meteors, natural disasters, aliens, viruses, terrorism, incursions from other dimensions, etc.
We do not ship to hotels or mail forwarders. We may not be able to ship to PO Boxes depending on location or if there are known issues with the location. Not all shipping options are available to all locations. If shipping / billing names do not match or the payment method is outside the USA we may cancel the order.
To arrange for a return, use the contact form or email email@example.com. We can only accept returns of unopened kits and products, within 30 days of receipt (for international orders, 30 days from shipment). Any returns after 30 days are in store credit only if the return is approved in advance. All returns are credited as store credit upon receipt for international orders or for Credit card orders after 30 days of payment. Returns for Purchase Orders are store credit only. There is a 5% re-stocking fee for orders returned valued at $500 or more. We do not accept any returns on orders that are over 3 months old. Customers are responsible for both the return shipping costs and shipping costs from the original order unless the product arrives damaged or defective. Please contact us before returning any package. We're reasonable people and we hope you are too. Contact us if you have any issues and we'll do our best to help you out.
CorsoMotion uses two carriers, USPS (United States Postal Service) and UPS (United Parcel Service) for shipping. USPS is traditionally cheaper and does not provide detailed tracking. For domestic orders, UPS is sometimes faster and a little more expensive, but has a high-quality tracking system. (Tracking information is emailed when the package is shipped). We do not offer Saturday delivery as an option at this time. When in doubt about choosing a shipping method, we suggest UPS.
USPS has experienced many slow downs and delays. We do not ship USPS to some locations that have had known slow downs or issues.
- USPS First Class shipments are untrackable. Once it has been sent it’s pretty much outside of our control. There is no way to track packages. They are also not guaranteed services. First class mail can take up to 2 weeks. First class mail is low cost and used at your own risk, it is only permitted for orders under $200. Insurance is automatically calculated and added to your order. Lost package claims may be filed between 45 and 90 days after shipment. USPS has experienced many slow downs and delays
- Priority Mail (USA) is now both guaranteed (up to $50) and trackable (package receives up to 8 scans during the shipping process). Priority mail can take up to 3-5 business days once shipped. Priority Mail is only offered for domestic orders under $200.
- UPS Ground is low cost ground delivery, and is insured and tracked. Delivery time is not guaranteed, but is almost always under 6 days.
- UPS 3-Day, 2-Day and Next-day are high-speed air delivery, and are insured and tracked. Delivery is guaranteed from when it is picked up and scanned by UPS, not necessarily when it is shipped.
All of the quoted transit times are in business days, and do not include weekends, US holidays, etc.
International orders are shipped using USPS which is the US Postal Service and UPS.
For postal orders, the packages are handed off to your country’s postal service for 'door-to-door' delivery. There are two options for postal shipment, First class international and Priority Mail Express International. USPS International is not available for international orders over $200.
- First class international is untrackable. Once it’s been sent it’s out of our control. There is no way to track it and there is no proof of delivery or shipment. (That's why it’s so low cost!). It also doesn't have expedited brokerage, which means packages can "sit in customs" for up to 4-6 weeks. Although this is rare it does happen. Packages are sometimes not delivered at all (1% of cases), so this method is to be used at your own risk! However, it is generally fairly dependable, arriving with a week or two 95% of the time. Insurance is automatically calculated and added to your order. Lost package claims may be filed between 45 and 90 days after shipment. It is not a recommended service and only permitted for orders under $300.
- Priority Mail Express International service service comes with tracking and is insured. It is more expensive but has expedited brokerage which means your package will zip through customs and has the added protection of $100 free insurance coverage. Additional insurance, if necessary, is automatically calculated and added to your order. We've rarely had an express package lost (although sometimes it will be returned if the destination address is wrong), and it is recommended for international packages.
You are responsible for any VAT, tariff, duty, taxes, handling fees, brokerage charges, customs clearance charges, etc. required by your country for importing consumer goods! All international shipments are eligible for these fees. There is no way for CorsoMotion (the shipper) to predict your country's customs/fee habits, so be prepared to pay full VAT on the fully declared value of your order as well as any customs fees your country's UPS, or postal system may charge you! There are some services that can estimate the duty/taxes, while they're not 100% accurate they can be helpful. Keep a printout of your email receipt as you may have to send a copy to your customs office or to the carrier. If you do not pay the required brokerage fees, VAT, tariff, duty, taxes, handling fees, customs clearance charges, etc - we cannot issue any refunds.
Our shipping system is completely automated, and we cannot falsify customs forms. The customs forms will accurately describe the contents and cost of your order. We cannot mark orders as "gift", "sample", "educational" or lower the values. CorsoMotion makes best efforts to follow all rules, regulations and laws for export compliance.
There are some International Mail Service Suspensions due to COVI9-19. Please check the USPS site for updates.
Domestic Sales Tax
Domestic sales tax rates vary depending on location. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about sales tax in a specific state.
To get sales tax exemption, first make an account on CorsoMotion.com, then email email@example.com with the email address you used along with a fully-filled out copy of your most recent Tax Exempt Certificate, with our information included in the Seller Fields. Once we enter in the data, your orders will be tax exempt.
Some countries impose a VAT (value added tax) on international shipments. The tax is applied to the order total, generally on orders considered low value. CorsoMotion is required to charge the customer for tax when applicable. The details vary depending on the country.
CorsoMotion applies a 10% GST on all orders of low-value goods (goods valued at AUD 1,000 and below per shipment) being delivered to Australia. Those customers who are exempt from this tax should reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org and provide their Australia Business Number (ABN) and confirm registration for GST.
As of July 1st, 2021, CorsoMotion applies a 15% GST on all orders of low-value goods (goods valued at 1,000 NZD and below, per shipment) being delivered to New Zealand. The 1,000 NZD New Zealand VAT threshold is determined per item. Those customers who are exempt from this tax should create an CorsoMotion account and reach out to email@example.com with their tax exempt information.
The GST rate will be applied to all items in the order priced below 1,000 NZD including shipping costs. GST charges will not be applied to orders placed for gift certificates but will be applied to orders placed for other virtual products.